1.11.08

quikclean

i have a couple of hours to spruce up my essay that's due this weekend
i'm too darn lazy to get it moving, it's still at 6.25% for a two hour piece of work
surely i need to pick it up by now!
but there are 5 million excuses not to; i still have loads of unwatched movies sitting in the hard drives, moonlight resonance is showing now via dvd haha wtf my grandma's hooked. and the weather is just too damn hot. for you buggers out there, yes yes it's winter, snowing bla bla bla. well i don't know if i'd rather be here or there.

i spent the first few waking hours stuffing my face with bacon and turkey ham :D
then the conversation progressed along a serious vein for my grandma and mom
*jengjengjenggggg* marriage!!!!!
oh i can't believe it really.
all this kahwin kahwin business.
you see, my older siblings have yet to tie the knot
and my parents are in a little bit of a dilemma
"why is it taking so long!"
it's no rush to have grandkids and all
omg i'll be auntyhidethebooze :P
and for the fact that i'm such an emo person when it comes to my family
even if it's the next necessary step
i'm not the first one jumping headlong into this deep end.

so my grandma relates like 5 million stories about who and who hooked up, when and where
mr and mrs so-and-so had it like this, like that etc
it was interesting to hear such odd tales in the middle of the afternoon when one is still groggy from the heat. my parents celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary next month and it's so sweet that after so long, everything's still (almost) jolly good ((:
it makes me wonder if i'll have that as well
if my siblings would have the same
if our families would still be tight like it is now
i don't know for sure
but i hope it will retain some resemblance to what i have grown to have and cherish.

my mom is in a situation where she does not know how the chinese go about such rituals.
her people did things differently and my grandma was giving her pointers on the "how-to's"
i'm excited and sad and feeling a bit nonchalant all at once.
it means a lot, that they will have their own families and lives in time
and for the age gap, i can't help but feel left out.

sorry for the haphazard typing, in between lines, different points and whatnot
so many things running through my head
that i'm just sometimes, lost for a few words to explain it all.

No comments: