23.7.08

cramped/

it's not like i don't love you.
i do, but you make it hard for me to even try.
and of course, the harder i try, the harder it gets.

technically, you don't own me.
i don't own you either.
if i followed every single rule that was laid out in the book,
wouldn't i be just like everyone else?
or rather, wouldn't i just become someone i've always been fighting not to be?

i care about you
but at the end of it, i care about myself and what i want the most.
and so do you.
don't you dare deny it.
it's human nature.
i don't blame you

but it's not what we'd be happy with.
to be frank, i'd rather just be alone.

i am miserable
and suffocated.
you are scared
and dominating.

if at one time i felt like i could share everything with you
i regret that now
it is obvious that if there's anything i say at all
you take it with doubt
suspicion

you want complete control over everything i do or say
my mind is my own.
your reasons do not stand valid
culture has shaped you that way.
but it does not mean that it is accepted by everyone.
least of all, by me.

letting me go doesn't mean i'll leave you forever.
your grip is hurting me
and i resist to bite

i'm finding a way to claw out of this.
i only ask that there is space to grow
right now, the only space i see is the space you want to stuff me back in.

No comments: