12.3.08

unexpected

in the view of the elections, my previous post was pretty down in the dumps.
i had, without a doubt, expected the 2/3 to remain with the ruling party.
but as it turns out, over-turned, flipped, fried, screwed, burnt, drained
there are a whole lot of words to describe the situation that the big bosses must be in now.
i am happy. that the people have, for once, chosen to speak up and not lay low.
to be fair, i still have my fears that it would amount to just more than balloting to take away the power that the current government. there were strikes, riots, rallying, “peaceful” demonstrations, all that and more in the last six months.
there could be more.

and then i had my turn with a government department, complete with officers and throngs of waiting people.
see, i need a passport, and to cut the super long story short, i didn’t get it.
because apparently i am not considered a resident of the Peninsula.
is this just mere bullshit that they want to put me through so that i can miss the concert?
making me run up and down the whole afternoon and to tell me in the end that i have to wait two months for my passport application to even be in the process, because they will have to courier my documents and wait some more so that they will ship it over from Borneo………*insert explicit language, a lot of anger, frustration, and an intention to hurt so badly there won’t be any problems the next time i want to apply for something with anybody*

it’s unbelievable. really.

No comments: