28.5.09

telur mata

i like being a girl, it gives me tons of benefits
i get parking spaces in a crowded lot in a heartbeat because i smile and wave
people let me cut in their lanes on the road because i wear eyeliner
if i accidentally bump into someone pretty hard, i'm instantly forgiven because it's never my fault
security guards are also a lot more lax on identification because i ask what they had for dinner

but i also hate being a girl because of that time of the month
i drive myself crazy, i'm a walking disaster waiting to strike the next innocent victim.
by now, he can always tell when it's "on the way" because i'm extra extra difficult with a pickle on top.

i blame my hormones for fucking me up for at least 3 days of each and every month of my life from puberty til i hit the drought and there goes my ability to satisfy my lover
i am a volcano ready to erupt *pun not intended* whenever i ride the red wave

sometimes i wonder if this is what i really want in life
i feel so obligated and tied
yet so comfortable
i struggle to find a little niche to let go and sink in

i wonder if i have just settled and not asked for more
what if this is just all i'm getting?
shouldn't i ask for more?

i think this is just my hormones talking, like they do every month.

no surprises here.

p/s: if you have to say it to prove it, then i guess it wasn't worth it anyway.

No comments: